Saturday, April 14, 2007

Statement of Direction

I've been using linux for about a year now. It's a very cool system and it's come a long way since I first used it in 1995 when I was visiting a friend at MIT. I've found that there is a lack of compiled materials for linux (both online and in print) for the beginer linux user. They either shoot too low (computer newbie) or too high (compsci major). Which leaves me sort of stranded. I'm not a compsci guy or a programer but I need to know more about the system than the basic commands, and more importantly I'm not intimidated by a command line interface.
So here's where this blog comes it.
Hopefully irreverent, useful and an lonely planet guide reader's linux handbook.

1 comment:

rebelwarrior said...

I've changed directions on this blog. Because there is a book that is very much like this ultimate manual I wanted to create and it's the LPI Linux Certification In a Nutshell book by O'Reilly.